Virtual urgent care – care from the comfort of your home
Available from 4 p.m.-midnight
Minor emergencies are never convenient – but our online urgent care clinic is. We’re here for the injuries and illnesses that happen when you least expect them. Our virtual urgent care clinic in Virginia is staffed by pediatric emergency medicine doctors daily, from 4 p.m.-midnight. Receive quality care from the CHoR team you know and trust, from the comfort of your home with our telehealth services. Get answers anywhere via your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Does your child have COVID-19 symptoms? Get care from the safety and comfort of your home with virtual urgent care.
We’ll discuss symptoms, do a virtual exam and determine if COVID-19 testing is needed. If testing is needed, we’ll provide details on convenient drive-thru testing options.
Drive-through COVID testing for children and teens
We offer convenient, drive-thru COVID-19 testing for children of all ages who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Testing is done via a simple swab of the inside of the nose and results are typically available within 24-48 hours.
- Tests can be ordered by your regular CHoR provider, or through our virtual urgent care program
- Testing is available Mondays through Fridays (except Thursdays), 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Once you’ve confirmed with your provider you can drive up! You do not need to schedule your child’s test
- NOTE: You cannot arrive for a test without first confirming with your provider
Where is the Patient and Visitor Parking Deck located?
550 N. 12th St.,
Richmond, VA 23219
Visiting our virtual urgent care clinic is easy and convenient
- No appointment necessary
- Don’t delay your child’s care! We’re open from 4 p.m.-midnight and can see you tonight.
- See a doctor, not a nurse practitioner, who can immediately consult with you about your needs
- Avoid waiting rooms
- Our mobile app is private and secure, so all your information and communication is safe
We recommend calling your pediatrician before seeking urgent care.
Start my virtual urgent care appointment
Common reasons for a virtual urgent care visit include:
Virtual urgent care should not be used for regular well-child check-ups, life-threatening emergencies or mental health crisis needs. If your child is experiencing a mental health crisis, please go to the nearest emergency room or contact their mental health care provider.
Paying for your virtual urgent clinic visit
Virtual visits will not cost more than in-person visits, but depending on the health insurance coverage plan, a patient’s copay for in-person and virtual visits may now be the same.
This visit will be billed as urgent care, not emergency care.
Emergency room vs urgent care: What is the difference?
Virtual urgent care is intended for Illnesses and injuries that are not life-threatening. If your child is having trouble breathing or another life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
If your child is experiencing any of the following symptoms, we encourage you to seek emergency medical care NOT urgent care:
- High fever
- >100.3°F in infants younger than 3 months
- >100.3°F for more than three days in all other children
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe asthma attack
- Severe stomach pain, vomiting or diarrhea
- Broken bone
- Severe dehydration
- Severe cut/wound
Is it safe to take my child to the ER?