For those who believe that every child has a right to wellness, Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU combines award-winning research, education and clinical care with an uncanny understanding of what makes kids tick. Giving every child in our growing community a chance to heal, recover and celebrate their super powers.
Who we are
We nurture the champion in every child. We fight the forces that threaten them—however complex the condition or elusive the cure. We build communities of wellness. To heal the hurt of broken bones, broken hopes and broken systems. We practice with rigor and love, to restore young bodies, minds and spirits with the tenacity to take on the world. Only to find their spirit compels us to care in ways that overcome the impossible.
At CHoR we strive for excellence in everything we do. We're honored to earn awards and certifications, not for the shiny badges but for the kids and families we serve who inspire us to keep climbing higher.
- Level 1 pediatric trauma center as designated by the American College of Surgeons and VA Department of Health
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation-accredited CF Care Center
- American Diabetes Association designated diabetes education program
- Magnet Recognition Program awarded by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (as part of VCU Health)
- Baby-Friendly designation by the World Health Organization and United Nations Children's Fund (as part of VCU Health)
As part of VCU Health, CHoR is committed to ensuring access to care for all children, training future pediatric caregivers and making new discoveries that improve understanding and treatment of childhood diseases.
For faculty and physicians:
Current faculty openings
For clinical, clinical-support and non-clinical positions:
Current job openings
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
VCU Health System does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability or age. We are a drug-free workplace.