The health of our community’s children always has been, and always will be, our number one priority.
We continue to take critical steps to protect our patients and limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- While many appointments are still being done via telehealth, our outpatient clinics, therapy centers and operating rooms are open and safe for your family.
- Masks are required for patients, visitors and team members. If you don’t have a mask, we’ll provide you with one. (Children under 2 should not wear masks.)
- We’re screening ALL patients and visitors with temperature checks and questions about symptoms.
- Modified guidelines remain in place to minimize traffic in the hospitals and clinics.
- The RMHC Sibling Center is open with limited capacity, by appointment only. Call 804-628-5631 or 804-248-1743 to make an appointment
- We’re using special cleaning and disinfecting processes. You’ll see more cleaning staff working hard for you, too. We are taking extra care to make sure that our exam rooms, waiting rooms, equipment, bathrooms and everything in-between is safe for our kids, families and team members.
- Signage throughout our facilities reminds everyone about safety measures, such as masks, handwashing and maintaining distance between groups.
As the COVID-19 situation evolves daily, we are making decisions to protect the safety of our patients based on the latest information available. We’re in close contact with children’s hospital colleagues across the U.S. and the globe to learn from their findings and experiences related to COVID-19. We ask that families remain calm and never hesitate to message us through the My VCU Health patient portal (current patients only) or call us at 804-828-CHOR (2467) with questions related to your child’s care. Questions specific to COVID-19 can be directed to our COVID-19 hotline at 804-628-7425.
Our emergency and inpatient services remain fully operational.
Originally posted March 18, 2020.