The health of our community’s children always has been, and always will be, our number one priority.
We're taking critical steps to protect our patients and slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
We will continue to provide updates as changes are made to our outpatient services.
We are reducing non-urgent outpatient appointments, surgeries and procedures
We are making these changes to protect your children and team members, and to slow the spread of COVID-19 by reducing the number of in-person contacts.
- Our outpatient clinics, therapy centers and operating rooms remain open, however we are contacting families to postpone most non-urgent appointments, surgeries and procedures at all locations.
- We are contacting all patients/families who are impacted by this change.
- For the health of patients and families, siblings will not be allowed to attend visits.
- The RMHC Sibling Center is closed.
- We are moving face-to-face clinic appointments to virtual visits by phone or video when possible.
- We will continue face-to-face appointments for children with urgent, time-sensitive health care needs.
- Although we do not currently have virtual capabilities for occupational, physical and speech therapy visits, we are actively looking into options.
- Brook Road and VCU Dental Clinics are closed except for emergency needs.
As the COVID-19 situation evolves daily, we are making decisions to protect the safety of our patients based on the latest information available. We’re in close contact with children’s hospital colleagues across the U.S. and the globe to learn from their findings and experiences related to COVID-19. We ask that families remain calm and never hesitate to message us through the My VCU Health patient portal (current patients only) or call us at 804-828-CHOR (2467) with questions related to your child’s care. Questions specific to COVID-19 can be directed to our COVID-19 hotline at 804-628-7425.
Our emergency and inpatient services remain fully operational.