Care at our hospitals and clinics
The safety of our kids and families continues to be our top priority.
We’re taking additional safety precautions to keep you, our team members and the community safe.
Your child’s illness or injury doesn’t stop for a pandemic – and neither do we. We’re here for kids and families, both in person and virtually. As a reminder, our ER and inpatient hospitals are always open, ready and safe for your family.
- No visitors under age 18 are permitted
- Acute Care Pediatrics, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Virginia Treatment Center for Children, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and pediatric patients on specialty units (Bone Marrow Transplant, Epilepsy Monitoring, etc.):
- 2 adult visitors at a time from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Only 1 adult can spend the night in the room; parents cannot split time in the room between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- Each patient can have 2 adults on their approved visitor list throughout their stay
- For the safety of our families and team members, visitors are required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth when staff enter the patient’s room
- Masks are required at all times while outside the patient’s room (in the hall, walking to the cafeteria, etc.)
- Transitional Care Unit: Visitation is limited and must be scheduled through the TCU social worker
- Pediatric ER: 2 adult visitors
- Outpatient appointments: 2 adult visitors
- Patients undergoing surgery, procedures, dialysis, infusion or other testing: 1 adult visitor
Drive-thru COVID testing for children and teens
We offer convenient, drive-thru COVID-19 testing for children of all ages who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Testing is done via a simple swab of the inside of the nose and results are typically available within 24-48 hours and viewable in the patient portal.
- Tests can be ordered by your regular CHoR provider.
- Drive up AFTER you confirm an order for a COVID test with your provider.
- No appointment is needed for testing.
- NOTE: You cannot arrive for a test without first confirming with your provider.
Testing locations and schedules
Patient and Visitor Parking Deck
529 N. 12th St., Richmond, VA 23219
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 7-11 a.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. – noon
Stony Point 9105 Campus
9105 Stony Point Drive, Richmond, Virginia 23235
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.