Non-invasive imaging and testing
We have access to the latest technology to assist in both diagnosis and treatment, an important part of our mission to focus on non-invasive approaches. In fact, our pediatric echocardiography lab is the only lab in Central Virginia accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories for transthoracic, transesophageal and fetal echo studies.
Imaging and testing services
Our comprehensive services include:
- Three-dimensional echocardiography
- Fetal echocardiography
- Cardiac MRI
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Holter monitoring
- Transtelephonic EKG monitoring
- Event recorder monitoring
- Exercise stress testing (including metabolic stress testing)
- Tilt table testing
- Pacemakers and defibrillators (implantation and monitoring)
Our heart center provides echocardiographic interpretation via telemedicine. Services are provided to community hospitals in Richmond, Newport News and Fredericksburg.