Cardiology second opinions help families make informed medical decisions about their child's heart care.
An expert second opinion from the pediatric cardiologists at CHoR gives families the peace of mind that comes from knowing your child’s health is in good hands.
We are dedicated to giving patients and their families peace of mind. We will meet to go over the diagnosis, treatment options and opinions in a way that can help you can easily understand.
Request a second opinion online or by phone.
Reasons why you might need to seek a second opinion
- You want to be confident about your child’s diagnosis: When your doctor recommends a medication or procedure for your child's heart condition, you probably have questions and concerns. This is a completely normal reaction and we’re here for you. Our team is committed to going over the diagnosis and answering any questions you have.
- You want to explore all treatment options: Depending on your child’s diagnosis, there may be several treatment options. We will help ensure you understand all treatment options and can make an informed decision.
- Your insurance company requires a second opinion: Some insurance plans require that you receive a second opinion before they will cover the treatment. Contact your insurance provider to learn more.
What to bring to your second opinion appointment
One of our specialists will review your child's medical records and all previous testing. For your appointment plan to bring the following:
- X-rays or MRI results
- Medical history
- Lab results
- Insurance requirements such as prescriptions or referrals
- Any other information relevant to your child's diagnosis or treatment options so far
Why choose CHoR for your child's medical second opinion?
- It’s easy to find a pediatric cardiologist near you: We offer many clinics throughout Central Virginia to make getting access to a care plan easy. We also coordinate with community hospitals around the Virginia region, using our pediatric transport system to bring the most critically ill children here for treatment.
- Only full-service heart center in central Virginia: CHoR's multiple specialists have come together as a multi-disciplinary team to optimize patient care. We want to ensure that children with heart disease receive the care they need to thrive into adulthood.
- Expert pediatric heart specialists: Our team is specially trained to deliver precision heart care for even the youngest and tiniest hearts.