Full-service pediatric cardiology and heart surgery
Expert, compassionate care close to home
Compassionate, internationally renowned experts are right around the corner at CHoR. Our team of cardiologists, fetal cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and nurses have the unrivaled expertise to make a diagnosis and develop a tailored treatment plan to help your child thrive.
Each year, 800 babies are born in Virginia with a congenital heart defect, and nearly 400 of these infants require medical care that may include open-heart surgery within the first year of life. With the heart center, patients and families can receive their care right in the heart of Central Virginia.
Our heart center at a glance
- It’s easy to find a pediatric cardiologist near you: We offer many clinics throughout Central Virginia to make getting access to care easy. We also coordinate with community hospitals around the Virginia region, using our pediatric transport system to bring the most critically ill children here for treatment.
- Only full-service heart center in central Virginia: CHoR's multiple specialists have come together as a multi-disciplinary team to optimize patient care. We want to ensure that children with heart disease receive the care they need to thrive into adulthood.
- Expert pediatric heart specialists: Everyone is specially trained to deliver precision heart care for even the youngest and tiniest hearts.
- Second opinions: Our pediatric cardiologists offer a second opinion to help you feel comfortable about your child’s diagnosis and treatment options.
- Inpatient support from expert, compassionate teams: Our NICU and PICU nurses, physicians, respiratory therapists and other team members are specially trained to provide the delicate care needed after heart surgery or during ECMO.