Pediatric hospital medicine fellowship
Developing future hospitalists that will help care for all children
Started in July 2015, the Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU's (CHoR) Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship is a two year VCU GME accredited training program. The fellowship program provides clinical, education, research, quality improvement, and leadership training with the goal of developing future hospitalists who will become leaders in academic as well as community hospitalist programs.
Research and quality improvement
Past fellows: Where are they now?
- Ashlie Tseng, MD: Pediatric Hospitalist at the Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU, Richmond, VA
- Alison Ullman, MD: Pediatric Hospitalist at Centra Health, Lynchburg, VA
- Megan Coe, MD: Pediatric Hospitalist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
Whether you are passionate about history, arts, gardens, antiques, fine dining, outdoor recreation, theme parks, or NASCAR, there's something for every taste in the Historic Richmond Region. Come find out!
How to apply
The fellowship is not participating with ERAS currently. The fellowship is participating in the Match (NRMP). Interested applicants should provide the following:
- PHM Fellowship Shared Application form (available at www.phmfellows.org - click Applicants Tab then PHM Fellowship Application)
- Updated CV
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation (One letter must be from the pediatric residency program director)
- Original USMLE score or COMLEX score report
Applicants should be board eligible or board certified in general pediatrics. Once all application materials have been submitted, on-site or virtual interviews will be scheduled. During the interview, applicants will have an opportunity to meet faculty and current fellows and tour the facilities. For further questions, applicants can contact Dr. Clifton C. Lee, fellowship director or Dr. Ashlie Tseng, fellowship associate director.
Contact the pediatric hospital medicine fellowship team