Become a resident at the Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU
The Pediatric Residency Program accepts all applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service. Students can access ERAS through the Association of American Medical Colleges. If you have questions, please reach out to our residency team for assistance.
Registering for ERAS
- Go to https://apps.aamc.org/myeras-web
- Sign-in with AAMC Account or register for an AAMC account, if login credentials do not exist.
- Enter a valid ERAS token and select Continue
- Review and accept the MyERAS terms and conditions.
- Complete Medical School Graduation Information, review and agree to the AAMC Policy Notice and select Continue.
- Continue, if correct.
- If given the option to import application material from a previous season, select the appropriate residency or fellowship application or Letter of Recommendation(s) to be imported.
Submitting an application
Residency applications are a compilation of materials that demonstrate your qualifications and help our program assess whether you’d be a good fit for our specialties and a successful trainee.
The application portfolio includes these components:
- Application or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcripts
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Licensing exam transcript
You are responsible for creating or assembling the first three components; your medical school is responsible for the remaining components. They will either provide these to you to include in your application, or upload them directly into your application online.
Pre-requisites information for applicants:
- All applicants must have graduated from an accredited medical school.
- All applicants must have passed Step 1, 2CK and 2CS (Comlex scores will be accepted in lieu of USMLE but we encourage osteopathic residents to also take the USMLE exams).
- International applicants must have an ECFMG certificate; all applicants must have documentation of a minimum of three months of direct patient care activity in the U.S. or Canada within the last four years. Clinical rotations, during medical school will suffice for U.S. and Canadian students; for international medical graduates, U.S. or Canadian medical school clinical rotations or externships of direct patient care in the U.S. or Canada will suffice; clinical observer experiences, and non-clinical graduate work such as research, do not meet this requirement.
- All applicants must have a minimum if three letters of recommendation from U.S. or Canadian physicians who have personal knowledge of the applicant’s clinical ability and personal characteristics (one must be from chair of pediatrics).
- All applicants must be within four years of graduation from medical school or active clinical practice.
- Applications will be accepted until November 30.
- VCU offers J-1 Visas.
Application reviews and interviews
Completed files are reviewed, and invitations to interview are extended through ERAS. Interviews will be scheduled on designated interview dates.
June 8, 2020
ERAS 2021 Begins - Applicants can register in MyERAS and begin working on their applications.
September 1, 2020
Applicants may begin submitting applications to residency programs.
October 21, 2020
Residency programs may begin reviewing applications. MSPEs released to residency programs.
Urology Residency and Military Match results are available.
- National Resident Match Program (NRMP®) main residency match results are available
- Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP®) starts.
- For more information, please contact NRMP at 202-400-2233 or email@example.com.
May 31, 2021
ERAS 2021 Season Ends: MyERAS closes at 5 p.m. ET