Like many children’s hospitals across the country, we are updating our in-kind donation policies to protect our patients during COVID-19 and making significant changes to how we are able to accept donations.
While the importance, comfort and simple joys provided by these items remain, we ask that donors and community partners who wish to support our kids consider doing so by donating funds directly to our child life department. This will enable care teams to find the most supportive toy or comfort item for children admitted to the hospital, while keeping them safe throughout the pandemic.
How to donate
- Online – note child life in the memo
- Mail checks – note child life in the memo
- Children’s Hospital Foundation, 2924 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23220
- Mail gift cards (Amazon, Walmart and Target)
- Child Life Department, Box 980202, Richmond, VA 23298-0202
- Wish list items
Visit our wish lists on chrichmond.org/childlife to purchase items online from Walmart, Target and Amazon and have them shipped directly and safely to child life.
Items not accepted at this time
- Handmade items - i.e. blankets, pillows, pillowcases, preemie stuffed animals, hats, Build-A-Bear (stuffed animals purchased from the wish list are accepted)
- Items collected at toy drives or previously purchased
- Large shared items – even if shipped from the vendor directly - i.e. doll houses, bikes, scooters and other ride-on items due to infection control
- Religious items, weapons (nerf guns), ride on toys (bikes, trikes, scooters, etc.), seasonal items (Christmas), R-rated/horror movies
For questions, please contact Sarah Deis at email@example.com
To donate PPE and meals to team members, please email Nathan Cunningham at Nathan.Cunningham@vcuhealth.org
To learn more about the impact of your gift or how to donate, visit: chrichmond.org/childlife.