From preparing a child to take the soccer field to custom physical therapy after a dance injury, CHoR is where young athletes get better.
Our team provides specialized care, instruction and conditioning to address the unique strength and flexibility needs of growing athletes. We provide physical and occupational therapy services, specializing in the treatment of young children playing in recreation leagues – to middle school and college athletes through age 21. Our therapists take into consideration the athlete's age, sport and competitive level to develop a rehabilitation program specific to their needs.
Designed for young athletes
Therapists work closely with doctors (including our pediatric orthopaedics specialists, who are often the first line of medical treatment after a sports injury) to develop a care plan that helps kids return safely to the playing field or other physical activity. We also coordinate care with coaches, teachers and athletic trainers to reduce the chance of re-injury and maximize sports performance.
Sports therapy conditions
We provide sports therapy for injuries such as:
- Knee injuries (ACL, MCL and meniscal-related injuries)
- Shoulder, elbow and hand injuries
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Back injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Alignment issues
- Pain and chronic conditions
Our therapy team conducts a comprehensive evaluation, which allows us to design a rehab program specifically for your child’s injury, age and sport/activity. The treatment program can include:
- Care tailored to the unique needs of young athletes and their changing bodies
- Individualized home exercise programs for advanced recovery
- Exercise recommendations to encourage continued athletic improvement
- Training in exercise techniques that maximize stability, flexibility and strength; minimize the risk of re-injury; and correct imbalances that might contribute to other injuries
- Consultation with coaches and athletic trainers for how to continue care and improve your child’s performance after rehab
- Shoe, orthotic and equipment assessments
Why choose CHoR?
Research shows that young athletes who work with dedicated pediatric teams benefit from improved performance and a faster, safer recovery.
That’s because children’s bodies are still developing and require different coaching, conditioning and medical care than more mature adult athletes. Growth and development leave young children more susceptible to injury. When your child is injured, you want to seek proper medical attention from an experienced team that understands the demanding nature of sports and other physical activities on a growing body.
We provide sports therapy at convenient locations throughout central and Northern Virginia. To schedule an appointment, contact the therapy center nearest you.