Practicing life skills in a controlled setting is a great way to encourage independence.
Our Smart Suite is a simulated home environment, outfitted with available technology that you could use in adapting your own home. It features an accessible kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom – all equipped with an assortment of devices. Your child can test and learn how to use appropriate equipment that maximizes their ability to perform daily living and leisure activities more independently.
We tailor our services to the unique developmental stages of children:
Preschool and elementary school children
- Learn snack preparation, bathing options, and accessibility to clothing
Middle and high school youth
- Promote independence through meal preparation, bathing and dressing aides, and grooming aids
- Help transitioning to other environments following high school, including college, independent apartment or assisted living facility
- Navigate transfer devices, adapted kitchen, bed and bath equipment
- Promote independence to live at home or an apartment, or in an assisted living, continuous care or group home setting
This program is accredited by The Joint Commission as part of an ambulatory survey process.