Put your trust in our surgeons’ hands
Surgery. We know the very word can be scary when it comes to your own child. Rest assured: At CHoR, your child is not only in good hands, but among the best hands. Our surgeons take a special focus on your child’s unique surgical needs. We work closely with you to address your concerns and diagnose, treat and provide follow-up care for your child - whether infant, teen or any age in between.
From routine, same-day outpatient surgeries to complex, delicate procedures, our surgeons use the most current and effective methods. These include robot-assisted surgery to minimize pain, scarring and blood loss, and other advanced, minimally-invasive surgical procedures.
Our surgical specialists also work with colleagues in radiology using the latest techniques – including ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging – to maximize diagnostic accuracy.
Types of surgery
- Cardiothoracic (chest, heart and lungs)
- Plastic (reconstructive) and craniofacial care
- Orthopaedic surgery (bones, joints and muscles)
- Gastrointestinal (including bariatric/weight loss), thoracic and biliary surgery
- Repair of anorectal malformations
- Repair of hernias
- Repair of thoracic and abdominal congenital anomalies
- Resection of tumors in the neck, chest and abdomen
- Trauma surgery
- Vascular access
- Weight loss/bariatric (adolescent)