International adoption medical clinic
If you plan to adopt a child from another country, it is important to understand the often significant medical and developmental concerns that may arise. Our international adoption medical clinic will help your newly adopted child adapt to life in America and start a new life under your care.
With special knowledge of international medicine, our pediatrician, nurse practitioner and occupational therapists work with parents before, during and after the adoption process.
- Parental education on gathering child assessment information
- Parental travel advice, based on the country of travel
- Prescriptions for the child, identified prior to travel
- Review of medical/social information (as available)
- 24-hour contact with physician expert during travel
- Age-appropriate occupational therapy assessment of motor and sensory function, social development and attachment
- Complete assessment of growth, physical and psychosocial development, infection, immunization, nutrition and birth defects
- Immunizations as needed and a plan for completion of required immunization in conjunction with primary care provider
- Laboratory assessment including blood work, stool testing and tuberculosis testing
- Referral for early intervention services, developmental assessment and psychiatric or psychological assessment/therapy
- Referral for vision/hearing screenings
Appointments and locations
Consult with us prior to beginning the adoption process.
Children’s Pavilion, Level 4, Pod E