From seizures and brain tumors to cerebral palsy and concussions, we have the experts to help.
We know what makes your child’s nervous system unique. Our pediatric neurosciences team crosses multiple specialties and uses best practices to ensure comprehensive care for kids in Virginia and up and down the east coast. Our team of compassionate experts is trained to diagnose and help families manage the rarest diseases and most critical conditions involving the brain, spine and nervous system.
As pediatric neurologists, neurosurgeons, physical medicine and rehabilitation providers and researchers, we know that your child’s developing nervous system isn’t merely a miniature version of yours. You want your child to be treated by a medical team that understands what makes them unique.
Why choose CHoR?
- Our multispecialty clinics are designed to diagnose and care for kids with complex conditions that impact their neurological systems, like a concussion, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, spasticity and more. These comprehensive, convenient clinics help kids get coordinated care in one visit – giving them more time to be kids.
- We are designated as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center, which means we offer the most sophisticated monitoring, treatment and surgical options for children with epilepsy. We continue to grow our team, leadership, research and expertise thanks to nearly $4 million in recent neurosciences funding from Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Our EEG lab is among a select group of labs in the country to be accredited by ABRET, the national source for neurodiagnostic credentialing and accreditation, for meeting high technical standards and demonstrating quality output while providing care for kids of all ages.
- Our multidisciplinary approach ensures we are treating your whole child, including psychosocial care, which helps children with complex medical conditions learn to navigate their health – and still be a kid. Based on your child’s needs, we collaborate with medical specialists in other areas, including genetics, developmental pediatrics, urology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics and more.
- Access to the most advanced imaging in the most kid-friendly environment, such as the only 3T MRI in the region, an underwater-themed CT room and more.
- Our medical team has unmatched expertise and training to provide the best pediatric care in the region. Of the 200 board-certified pediatric neurosurgeons in the country, four practice right here at CHoR.
Our neurosciences team includes experts from across CHoR. Learn more about our programs and clinics
Putting neuroscience research into leading-edge practice
Beyond our multidisciplinary focus, our neurosciences medical team continues to develop and adopt leading-edge treatment and protocols. Much of our work focuses on minimally invasive surgical treatments, which allow for quicker recovery:
- Unparalleled experience in minimally invasive surgery for craniosynostosis, where an infant’s skull bones prematurely fuse together
- Laser surgery to treat tumors and seizures
- Surgical endoscopy to treat brain tumors and cure hydrocephalus without shunts