Anesthesia, just for kids
Anesthesia or sedation can be used in a number of situations, from a cut requiring stitches to more complex surgeries. If your child faces a procedure that requires anesthesia, our pediatric anesthesiologists will oversee their safety and comfort.
Whether general anesthesia (unconscious), sedation (lighter sleep) or local anesthesia (numbing a specific body part or region), using anesthetics for children demands specialized expertise. Our fellowship-trained anesthesiologists care for newborns, infants and small children with emergency or complex surgical needs in our operating rooms and other locations throughout CHoR.
- Evaluation of your child’s medical condition to determine appropriate care
- Planning of care for before, during and after surgery
- Anesthesia and monitoring during surgery
- A comforting environment for children in an OR
- Pain control after surgery, if needed, either with intravenous (IV) medications or other anesthetic techniques
- Anesthesia and sedation for procedures such as MRI, CT scan and radiation therapy