A safe and fun space for siblings
If your child needs medical care and brothers or sisters need to tag along, be sure to take advantage of our Sibling Center. The RMHC Sibling Center was created to reduce your stress and inspire kids’ fun by providing a safe, age-appropriate environment for brothers and sisters of children receiving care in the Children's Pavilion. We also offer limited availability for siblings of children receiving inpatient care. If your child is receiving inpatient care, please call ahead to arrange a visit for their sibling to ensure availability.
The center is staffed by team members with advanced degrees in child development, education or related fields. Our team also includes carefully selected Children’s Hospital and RMHC volunteers.
We welcome siblings who are:
- 3 to 14 years of age
- Fully potty-trained
- Current on immunizations
- Healthy, with no signs of cough or fever, diarrhea, or other infectious symptoms
The center may deny admission if maximum capacity has been reached, disciplinary concerns arise or siblings show infectious symptoms.
Guidelines for parents/guardians
- You must complete an enrollment form, including a health checklist and emergency contact. Forms will need to be updated every 90 days.
- We require a government-issued photo ID at the time of sign-in
- You must remain on the hospital campus while children are in the Sibling Center.
- You must carry a center pager in case you need to be reached. Parents/guardians who are paged are expected to call and/or return to the center immediately.
Monday - Friday l 7:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Children’s Pavilion – Level 1, Sky Lobby
Reservations are not required, but strongly recommended by calling 804-628-5631.