Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Areas of interest
Long-term survivors of cancer
1. Kmieciak M, Worschech A, Nikizad H, Gowda M, Habibi M, Depcrynski A, Wang E, Godder K, Holt SE, Marincola FM, Manjili MH. â€˜CD4+ T cells inhibit the neu-specific CD8+ T-cell exhaustion during the priming phase of immune responses against breast cancer.â€™ Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, May 2010 (epub ahead of publication).
2. Madhu Gowda, Kamar Godder, Maciej Kmieciak, Andrea Worschech, Ena Wang, Fransesco Marincola and Masoud Manjili. â€˜The pattern of immune response differs in low-risk vs. high-risk Neuroblastoma.â€™ Pediatric Blood & Cancer (ASPHO 23rd annual meeting abstracts), Jun 2010; 54:849.
3. Masoud Manjili, Catherine H Roberts, Maciej Kmieciak, Madhu S Gowda, Andrea Ferreira-Gonzalez, Kellie Archer, Shiyu Song, Harold M Chung, John M. McCarty, and Amir Toor. â€˜Oligoclonal T Cells Associated with Gvhd Following Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation Conditioned with Thymoglobulin and Reduced Intensity Total Body Irradiation.â€™ Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts), Nov 2009; 114: 4662.
4. Kmieciak M, Gowda M, Graham L, Godder K, Bear HD, Marincola FM, Manjili MH. â€˜Human T cells express CD25 and Foxp3 upon activation and exhibit effector/memory phenotypes without any regulatory/suppressor function.â€™ J Transl Med. 2009 Oct 22; 7:89.
5. Madhu Gowda, Anil Kumar, Asadullah Khan, Janice Kuhn, Melinda Nolte, Gita Massey. â€˜Vitamin D deficiency in patients with hemophilia.â€™ Oral and poster presentation at the annual National hemophilia Foundation conference. Denver, Colorado 11/2008.
Tumor immunology, neuroblastoma and vitamin D