General surgeons with a special focus on children's unique surgical needs and concerns diagnose, treat and provide follow-up care for a wide range of pediatric surgical patients at Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU.
Specialists work with their colleagues in radiology using the latest techniques – including ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging – to maximize diagnostic accuracy.
From routine, same-day outpatient surgeries to complex, delicate procedures, our surgeons utilize the most current, most effective methods. These include robot-assisted surgery to minimize pain, scarring and blood loss, and other advanced minimally invasive surgical procedures.
The types of surgical procedures performed at CHoR include:
- Gastrointestinal (including bariatric), thoracic and biliary surgery
- Repair of anorectal malformations
- Repair of hernias
- Repair of thoracic and abdominal congenital anomalies
- Resection of tumors in the neck, chest and abdomen
- Trauma surgery
- Vascular access
- Weight loss/bariatric (adolescent)
Appointments and Locations
(804) 828-CHOR (2467)
- Children's Pavilion - Level 4, Pod F
- Gateway Building, 5th Floor
- Fredericksburg Multispecialty Center
- Healthy Lifestyles Center
- VCU Health at Temple
Additional community hospital locations.