Our pediatricians provide evidence-based preventative and well-child care, and diagnose and treat acute illnesses in children of all ages. Care is provided for all children and families, regardless of ability to pay.
Every year, our general pediatrics team cares for thousands of children, including coordinating care with pediatric specialists and surgeons across CHoR, as needed. It is important to share all medical information with your child's provider, including urgent care visits, care received outside of CHoR or in an emergency room.
Our team provides the following services in a family-centered approach to care:
- Care of high-risk infants
- Dental screening of children ages 6 months to 3 years
- Developmental screening
- Disease/disorder specific education for families and caregivers
- Educational specialist to assist with communication among physicians, parents and schools
- Interviews with expectant parents to assist in the selection of a pediatrician
- Lactation support
- Mental and behavioral health resource connections, as needed
- Ongoing care for long-term and chronic illnesses such as asthma, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, eczema and feeding and weight problems
- Referrals to specialists and outside agencies to assist with care when appropriate
- School and sports physicals
- Well-child exams and routine screening
Appointments and locations
(804) 828-CHOR (2467)
Children's Pavilion - Level 4, Pods G and H
An on-call pediatrician is available to families 24/7 via our after hours (after 5 p.m.) call line: (804) 828-0951. Please ask to speak to the pediatrician on call. Please call 911 for all emergencies.
Requests for refills, medical records and referrals
Refills are available by phone, via the online myVCUhealth patient portal or by pharmacy request. Please call (804) 828-CHOR and allow three business day for processing.
To transfer medical records to our practice from your current doctor's office, please mail or fax them to:
Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU
Richmond, VA 23298-0264
Fax: (804) 827-9183
Please allow five business days to process non-urgent requests for specialty referrals. The referral process is often expedited for urgent needs.
VCU Health provides financial assistance based on income, assets and needs. Please call (804) 828-0966 for more information. Financial counselors are available Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Online resources for parents
When your child is ill or injured, it's natural to want to research the situation and understand as much as possible. There is a lot of information on the internet, but unfortunately not all of it is accurate. We recommend the following websites for trusted information about pediatric health:
We always encourage you to check with your pediatrician if you have specific concerns about your child's health.