Your child's oral health begins before their first tooth erupts. Even at avery young age, our pediatric dentists can begin to monitor your developing child's dental care.
We focus on the oral health of your growing child and how it affects overall health. Our attention to regular evaluations, education and treatment – for both normal, healthy children and those with complex or special needs – assures a healthy start to a lifetime of good oral hygiene.
Full Range of Pediatric Services
Our network of specialty colleagues throughout Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU enables us to provide for each child's unique needs.
Our pediatric dentists have specialized training in treating the dental needs of all children from birth to age 21.
- Bedside dentistry for hospitalized patients
- Care for dental anxiety, with nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
- Child-sized chairs and child-friendly equipment
- Comfortable, safe, child-friendly environment
- Complex procedures, including dental treatment with sedation and anesthesia
- Dental treatment with general anesthesia in a hospital setting
- Pediatric dentist on call 24 hours a day on the MCV Campus to address your child's dental emergency through CHoR's pediatric emergency room
- Family education on preventive dental care, sealants and tooth-colored fillings
- Fluoride varnish in the pediatric primary care setting on the MCV Campus
- Infant oral health care, the age-1-dental-visit and Head Start dental exams
- Patient management with child-friendly "Tell-Show-Do"
- Private "quiet rooms"
Virtual Tour: Dental Clinic - Brook Road Campus
Appointments and Locations
Parents have their choice of two program options: