Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) - Gastrostomy
Principle of ERAS
- Key principles of the ERAS protocol include:
- This section is designed to focus on the perioperative counseling portion of the ERAS protocol related to a gastrostomy tube.
- We believe that by following this principle, we will be able to decrease anxiety levels surrounding surgery, educate parents on how to take care of their children better after surgery, decrease postoperative complications, reduce length of stay in the hospital and ultimately increase patient satisfaction.
- Charles Bagwell, MD
- Laura Boomer, MD
- Jeffrey Haynes, MD, FACS, FAAP
- Patricia Lange, MD
- David Lanning, MD, PhD
- Claudio Oiticica, MD
- Nancy Thompson, MS, RN, CPNP
- Jessica Graham, RN, Pediatric Certified Nurse
Your team will include many other professionals, including: the anesthesiologist, perioperative and circulating nurses, surgery residents, medical students, care coordinators and nutritionists. They're all here to help.
The following links provide necessary information about your child's G-tube.
- General G-tube Q&A
- Preoperative preparations
- Surgery day
- Postoperative care
- G-tube care
- Troubleshooting and potential complications
- Frequently asked questions
During and after business hours: 804-828-3500