Volunteers make a difference in various inpatient and outpatient settings as well as in clerical roles. We offer volunteer opportunities for adults (non-students), college/graduate students and junior volunteers ages 14 to 17.
In addition to knowing that you are helping our patients and staff with the gift of your time and energy, adult volunteers receive:
- Free flu shot each fall
- Free health screening and TB test upon joining and then annually
- Free meal on the day of service
- Free parking in the Patient and Visitor Deck
- Recognition at the annual Volunteer Recognition Event
If you are an adult and would like to volunteer, please complete an applications.
Return completed application to:
1250 E. Marshall St.
Richmond, VA 23298-0256
You may also fax your application to (804) 828-4752. Call (804) 828-0922 with questions or for more information.
College/Grad Student Volunteers
At the beginning of the fall, spring and summer semesters, we welcome students from various colleges and universities to become involved in various ways. To ensure you are able to volunteer, you must begin working on the requirements before the semester begins:
- All interested students must return COMPLETED application AND health forms to Volunteer Services by the posted deadline. There are no exceptions.
- Once completed application and health forms are turned in, it is the student's responsibility to sign up for a unit and time to volunteer with the assistance of the Volunteer Services staff.
- All volunteers must commit to volunteer the same day and time each week for the entire semester.
- All new volunteers must attend an orientation session listed on the application.
Download the next semester's volunteer packet here.
Teens between the ages of 14 and 17 may apply to volunteer during the summer Junior Volunteer Program. The program gives teens a chance to experience the benefits of donating time and services to the community, and to explore career options in the health care field.
There are a limited number of positions available for this popular program. Visit the VCU Medical Center Volunteer Services website to learn more.