- Make an Appointment
- Inpatient Information
- Patient/Family Concerns
- Tour our Facilities
- Gift Shops
- Insurance and Billing
- Out-of-Town Families
- Preparing for Surgery
- Application for Family Advisory Network (FAN)
- Care Across the Globe
- My VCU Health
- Pain Management
- Sibling Center
- Family-Centered Care
- Community Health Education Center
- Contact Us
- First Aid Tips
Come and playWe look forward to providing an engaging environment for siblings, allowing you to focus on your child's medical care.We welcome siblings who are:
- 3 to 14 years of age
- Fully potty trained
- Current on immunizations
Siblings CANNOT have any of the following symptoms:
- Pink eye
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
The Sibling Center may deny admission if maximum capacity has been reached, disciplinary concerns arise or siblings exhibit any of the symptoms listed above.
Club house rules
Children enrolled in the Sibling Center must remain in the Center or Sky Terrace with a team member at all times.
No food or drink is permitted or distributed in the Sibling Center, but water is available.
Guidelines for parents/guardians include:
- Completing an enrollment form including a health checklist and emergency contact. Forms will need to be updated every 90 days.
- Presenting a government issued photo ID at the time of sign-in to the Sibling Center.
- Remaining on the hospital campus while children are in the Sibling Center.
- Carrying a Center pager in case you need to be reached. Parents/guardians who are paged are expected to call and/or return to the Center immediately.
Meet the team
The Sibling Center is staffed by a team of child specialists with advanced degrees in child development, education or related fields. The team also includes carefully selected CHoR and Ronald McDonald House volunteers.
Monday - Friday l 7:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Reservations are not required, but strongly recommended. Please call to reserve your sibling's spot.
Children's Pavilion, Level 1 - Sky Lobby
1000 East Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Save time by completing the enrollment form before you visit.