- Make an Appointment
- Inpatient Information
- Patient/Family Concerns
- Tour our Facilities
- Gift Shops
- Insurance and Billing
- Preparing for Surgery
- Where to Stay
- Application for Family Advisory Network (FAN)
- Care Across the Globe
- Pain Management
- Sibling Center
- Family-Centered Care
- Community Health Education Center
- Contact Us
- First Aid Tips
Evans-Haynes Burn Center
The Evans-Haynes Burn Center is a 16-bed unit with 8 general burn care beds and 8 specialized burn-intensive beds. The center is the regional resource for the care of acute burns and the reconstructive needs of child and adult burn survivors injured from: chemicals, diseases, electrical burns, fire, scalds and skin loss.
Spending the Night
A parent or guardian should stay in the unit with their minor child at all times. Additional immediate family members have access to special lodging options.
Meals are served at approximately 8 a.m., noon and 5 p.m. Food may be brought from home if allowed on your child's diet. Please check with the nurse before bringing in outside food.
For family members, the following food options are available:
- Main Hospital, 1st floor: Chic-Fil-A, Subway and AuBon Pan (AuBon Pan is open around the clock.)
- Gateway Building, ground floor: Einstein Bagels and Wendy's
- Snack machines are located on the 1st floor of the Main Hospital.
- Visitors will often be required to wear a mask, gown or gloves, depending on the patient.
- Visitors will not be allowed if they have a cold, fever or any recent exposure to an infectious disease like the flu or chicken pox.
- Visiting minors must be with an adult at all times.
- Please be aware of other patients' rights to privacy and quiet. Appropriate language and behavior are expected. Disruptive or inappropriate visitors or family members will be asked to leave.
Location and Contact
Evans-Haynes Burn Center
Critical Care Hospital, 8th floor
1213 E. Clay Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Unit phone: (804) 828-9240
The Patient and Visitor deck is open 24 hours a day. Parking is $2 per visit with a parking validation available at the information desk on the ground floor of the Critical Care Hospital as you enter from the deck. Lost parking tickets for the deck will be charged $10 upon exit unless a $2 validation is presented. A weekly parking pass can be purchased at the Main 1 cashier desk for $5. There is no charge for parking from 11 p.m. Friday through 7 a.m. Monday.