- Make an Appointment
- Inpatient Information
- Patient/Family Concerns
- Tour our Facilities
- Gift Shops
- Insurance and Billing
- Out-of-Town Families
- Preparing for Surgery
- Application for Family Advisory Network (FAN)
- Care Across the Globe
- My VCU Health
- Pain Management
- Sibling Center
- Family-Centered Care
- Community Health Education Center
- Contact Us
- First Aid Tips
Community Health Education Center
At the Community Health Education Center, patients, families and the public can get up-to-date information from reliable sources about health and medicine. Resources include books, journals, videos and computers with internet connections.
The center is staffed by a full-time health sciences librarian, a part-time library assistant and trained volunteers.
Available materials and services include:
- Books–3,000 print references on health topics
- Business services—free for health-related concerns; includes printing, photocopying and fax
- CarePages–free online tool connects patients and family members during a hospitalization. Users can update family, friends and colleagues, share photos and collect messages of support. We will help set up your CarePage.
- Children's area–games, puzzles and many children's picture books on health-related topics
- Health and wellness displays– regular displays and free monthly presentations over the lunch hour
- Health Topics from MedlinePlus-- offers information on more than 650 conditions, diseases and wellness topics
- Magazines–more than 30 health-related titles
- Multilingual services–research assistance guiding patrons to multilingual health information sources
- Public computers–7 public Internet computers
- Reading area–comfortable reading area with 2 large tables; electrical and Ethernet outlets nearby
- Videos–300-plus videos in DVD or VHS format on a variety of health-related topics. Staff can also identify video clips for patients to view online.
- WiFi/Ethernet -- VCUHS guest WiFi available for your personal laptop; Ethernet also available.
For more information, visit us online or call (804) 828-2432.