2015 Spirit of Advocacy Award Nomination
Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR) presents the 2015 Spirit of Advocacy Awards to recognize distinguished contributions to children's health. Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Family member of a CHoR patient
- Community partner or professional
- CHoR, VCU or VCU Medical Center team member
The Spirit of Advocacy awards encourage ongoing advocacy efforts by recognizing individuals currently involved in advocating on behalf of children, youth and families.
- Demonstrate the important role of advocacy and community mobilization (i.e. grassroots activities)
- Advocate for policy and/or system changes that will improve the lives of children and their families (including Federal, State, or Local legislative changes)
- Have a broad perspective and demonstrate a vision for change for children’s health
- Be engaged in the external community in advocating for children’s health (i.e. volunteering, participating in community engagement activities, etc.)
All nominees will be recognized and the award winners will be announced at the annual celebration on Thursday, October 22, 2015. The Family Award winner will receive a cash prize sponsored by Children’s Hospital Foundation and the CHoR Advocacy Program. The Community Partner and Faculty/Staff Award winners will receive a hand painted plaque.
Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 25, 2015.
We're sorry, but the period for nominations is over.